Objectives of the OPDT/OAC
Oil & Protein Seeds Development Trust
The main objectives of the Oil & Protein Seeds Development Trust (OPDT) are the promotion and development of the Oilseeds Industry in South Africa by:
- the financing of research projects with regard to the improvement, production, hoarding, processing or marketing of Oilseeds;
- the financing for the provision of information and advisory services to the Oilseeds Industry with regard to the production of Oilseeds and marketing conditions;
- the investment and conservation of the Assets of the Trust;
- the productive utilisation of the Assets of the Trust from time to time in such a manner that the real value thereof is maintained or increased, as far as possible;
- the financing of market access or of any further conduct which is in the interest of the Oilseeds Industry provided that it is in accordance with the objects and purposes of the Act.
Oilseeds Advisory Committee
The main objectives of the Oilseeds Advisory Comittee (OAC) are:
- the rendering of advice to the trustees of the Oilseeds Trust in respect of the application of its funds for the benefit of the oilseeds industry;
- making of recommendations to all interested parties in the oilseeds industry;
- the appointment of trustees to the Oilseeds Trust and any other institutions which the Committee deems necessary to investigate, promote and report on matters relating to the Oilseeds Industry, referred to it.
- The Committee shall not be an advisory committee in terms of Section 7(1) of the Marketing Act.